Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Optic Nerve

In this morning's service when I introduced the South Africa team I mentioned the optic nerve. The optic nerve is a thick bundle of about 1.2 million individual nerve fibers. It travels from the retina to the brain, carrying electrical data that the brain will interpret as images. One of the (many many) miracles of our development in the womb is how all of these individual fibers get connected to the brain’s vision center. When they do, almost impossibly, our eyes - I think the most amazing "technologies" ever created - function as designed by bringing us sight.

I mentioned this because it described how I feel about the connections starting to form with the Cornerstone South Africa church and KwaMhlanga congregation. How they will develop and the output from them is still not known. But our hearts are stirring with the anticipation. This is the natural development of relationships within our communities as members of the body of Christ. And when the connections are finally established we will "see" the most amazing results.

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou Dennis for this analogy
    Your direction and leadership during the service this morning was perfect.
    I am look forward to getting closer to everyone on the team, getting to know your hearts, and share in the journey together.
    I vow to open my life to you all, so you can see into my heart as well, and know me, just the way I am. Nothing to hide, just willing to serve, love and be loved.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete